Patient Complaints Procedure 

If you have been dissatisfied or concerned about the service that you have received from the dentist or any other member of staff working in the practice, please let us know.  We operate a practice complaints procedure. Our complaints system adheres to national criteria. 

How to complain  

We hope that most problems can be resolved easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days or at most a week – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  

If it is not possible to do that, please let us have the details of your complaint: 

– within 6 months of the incident that has arisen; or 

– within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months of the incident occurring  

Complaints should be addressed to Mrs Bethan Donati.  Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with a dentist in order to discuss your concerns.  It will be a great deal of help if you are specific about your complaint.  

What we shall do 

We shall acknowledge your complaint within two working days and aim to look into your complaint within ten working days of the date you raised your complaint with us.  We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or meeting with those involved. In investigating your complaint we aim to: 

– find out what happened and what went wrong 

– make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this 

– make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate 

– identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not arise again 

If this process takes longer than expected we will keep you updated on the reason for the delay, the progress of the investigation and proposed date it will be completed.

Complaining on behalf of someone 

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know you have permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (became of physical or mental illness) of providing this. 

We aim to resolve all complaints at a local level, but if you are not satisfied with the result the complaint may be referred to: 

Cardiff & Vale University Health Board (for NHS treatment)

Denplan, Denplan Court, Victoria Road, Winchester SO23 7ZA (Denplan patients only)

The Dental Complaints Service, Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon, CR0 6BA (for private treatment)

If you require support or advice regarding your NHS complaint you can contact the Community Health Council on 02920 377407.

If you are still unhappy about your NHS complaint, you can contact the Ombudsman for Wales by calling 0300 790 0203 or visiting

You can also contact Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (HIW) who is the independent inspectorate and regulator of all healthcare in Wales by calling 0300 0628163.

The General Dental Council is responsible for regulating all dental professionals.  You can complain using their online form at, contact them on [email protected] or by calling 0207 167 6000.